**Replacement:** None. We are no longer carrying this SM700 dev board in our catalog. This page is for reference only.
It may look like a regular ol\' Arduino shield, but don\'t be fooled, the pyXY (pronounced \'pixie\') is a full blown shield-compatible development board. The heart of the pyXY is the Synapse SM700 wireless network module, a mesh network powerhouse that packs a 32-bit ARM7 processor with plenty of on-board memory. What\'s more, the SM700 can be programmed in SNAPpy, a Python derivative that makes building interactive networks a snap.
The shield-compatible form factor and pin assignment make this the perfect platform to develop a wireless sensor device, but if you want to add it to your existing Arduino-powered application, no worries. The pyXY has jumpers to swap the TX and RX lines, effectively taking it from development board to Arduino shield.
Don\'t underestimate the processing power of the SM700, though. With 96k RAM, 46 GPIO pins including 8 12-bit ADCs, and the SNAP OS, the pyXY is a capable board all on it\'s own. Simply connect the board to your computer using a 3.3V FTDI Basic Breakout and download the Synapse Portal software and you\'re ready to write and deploy some SNAPpy script. If you have more than one module, you can even program them over-the-air! The Portal software also allows you to tether your Synapse network to full-featured Python scripts on your computer, giving your mesh access to an entire world of libraries and resources.
Not sure where to start with SNAP? Check out the Quickstart Guide below!
* Freescale MC13224V 32-bit ARM7 Processor
* Integrated 2.4GHz 802.15.4 transciever
* Up to 100mW Output Power
* 96k RAM
* Arduino Shield Compatible
* 12-bit ADC, 2 UARTS, I2C and SPI
* SNAPpy Interpreter (Python-like language)
* Over-the-Air Programmable with Another Synapse Module!
* Can be used as a Synapse shield for Arduino
* [Eagle Files](http://cdn.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Wireless/General/SM700-pyXY-v11.zip)
* [Datasheet](http://cdn.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Wireless/General/Synapse-SM700xx-Engine-Data-Sheet.pdf) (SM700)
* [Quickstart Guide](http://www.sparkfun.com/tutorials/367)
* [Synapse Wireless Forum](http://forums.synapse-wireless.com/index.php)
* [Synapse Portal Download](http://www.synapse-wireless.com/snap-components-free-developers-IDE-tools/portal)
* [SNAP Reference Manual](http://cdn.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Wireless/General/SNAP%20Reference%20Manual.pdf)
* [SNAP Primer](http://cdn.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Wireless/General/SNAP%20Primer.pdf)