The board is round and has alligator-clip pads around it so you don't have to solder or sew to make it work. You can power it from USB, a AAA battery pack, or with a Lipoly battery (for advanced users). Circuit Playground Bluefruit has built-in USB support. Built-in USB means you plug it in to program it and it just shows up, no special cable or adapter is required. Just program your code into the board then take it on the go!
You can use this board with Arduino or CircuitPython - It does not support MakeCode at this time (there is no ETA when it might be added)
Here are some of the great goodies baked into each Circuit Playground Bluefruit:
- 1 x nRF52840 Cortex M4 processor with Bluetooth Low Energy support
- 10 x mini NeoPixels, each one can display any colour
- 1 x Motion sensor (LIS3DH triple-axis accelerometer with tap detection, free-fall detection)
- 1 x Temperature sensor (thermistor)
- 1 x Light sensor (phototransistor). Can also act as a colour sensor and pulse sensor.
- 1 x Sound sensor (MEMS microphone)
- 1 x Mini speaker with class D amplifier (7.5mm magnetic speaker/buzzer)
- 2 x Push buttons, labelled A and B
- 1 x Slide switch
- 8 x alligator-clip friendly input/output pins
- Includes I2C, UART, 6 pins that can do analogue inputs, multiple PWM outputs
- Green "ON" LED so you know its powered
- Red "#13" LED for basic blinking
- Reset button
- 2 MB of SPI Flash storage, used primarily with CircuitPython to store code and libraries.
- MicroUSB port for programming and debugging
- USB port can act like serial port, keyboard, mouse, joystick or MIDI!