This module from Roving Networks is powerful, small, and very easy to use. This Bluetooth module is designed to replace serial cables. The Bluetooth stack is completely encapsulated. The end user just sees serial characters being transmitted back and forth. Press the \'A\' character from a terminal program on your computer and an \'A\' will be pushed out the TX pin of the Bluetooth module.
**Note:** These modules have been revised to remove three unused RF pads from the bottom of the module. For more information on what pads were removed and why, check out the change notes below.
* Fully qualified Bluetooth module
* FCC Certified
* Fully configurable UART
* UART Data rates up to 3Mbps
* Over air data rate of 721kbps to 2.0Mbps
* Low power sleep mode
* Compatible with all Bluetooth products that support SPP (almost all do)
* Includes support for BCSP, DUN, LAN, GAP SDP, RFCOMM, and L2CAP protocols
* 3.3V operation
* Status pin
* Bluetooth Technology v2.0 compatible
* Class 1 power output
* [AT Command Set v6.15](http://cdn.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Wireless/Bluetooth/bluetooth_cr_UG-v1.0r.pdf)
* [Product Change Notes](http://cdn.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Wireless/Bluetooth/20111130-RN41 v1.0r.pdf)