The SparkFun Photon Micro OLED Shield breaks out a small monochrome, blue-on-black OLED to use with your Photon module. Itâ€™s \"micro\", but it still packs a punch â€“ the OLED display is crisp, and you can fit a deceivingly large amount of graphics on there. This shield is perfect for adding graphics to your Photon, displaying diagnostic information without resorting to serial output, and teaching a little game theory.
Speaking of, the screen on this breakout is only 64 pixels wide and 48 pixels tall, measuring 0.66\" across. In total, the Micro OLED Shield provides access to 16 of the OLEDâ€™s pins. Fortunately, though, youâ€™ll only need about half of them to make the display work. The SparkFun Photon Micro OLED Shield comes with the headers already soldered on, so you can plug and play!
The Particle Photon is a tiny WiFi development kit for creating connected projects and products. Sporting a 120Mhz ARM Cortex M3 and built-in WiFi, the Photon is not only powerful, but easy to use. The small form factor is ideal for IoT projects with cloud-connectivity.
**Note:** Not only can this shield operate with the Photon, it can also be used with the Particle Core! We understand that there are a ton of you out there who still haven\'t been able to get your hands on a Photon yet and would like to start playing with this shield now. If that person is you we hope we have obliged!
* Screen Size: 64x48 pixels (0.66\" Across)
* Monochrome Blue-on-Black
* Headers and Connectors Pre-Soldered
* Compatible with the Photon and the Core
* [Eagle Files](https://cdn.sparkfun.com/datasheets/IoT/Photon_Micro_OLED_Shield_v10a.zip)
* [Hookup Guide](https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/photon-oled-shield-hookup-guide)
* [Photon Development Guide](https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/photon-development-guide)