Particle\'s IoT (Internet of Things) hardware development kit, the Photon, provides everything you need to build a connected project. Particle has combined a powerful 120Mhz ARM Cortex M3 micro-controller with a Broadcom Wi-Fi chip in a tiny thumbnail-sized module called the PÃ˜ (P-Zero). The Photon Kit includes a Photon with headers, a shiny white mini-breadboard, a USB-micro cable, and a couple of extra surprises to help you start building right away.
Prototyping is easy as the Photon plugs directly into standard breadboards and perfboards, and may also be mounted with 0.1\" pitch female headers on a PCB. The Photon is not only powerful, but easy to use. The small form factor is ideal for IoT projects with cloud-connectivity. To get you started quickly, Particle has added a rock solid 3.3VDC SMPS power supply, RF and user interface components to the PÃ˜ all on a small single-sided PCB.
Your Photon comes with access to the Particle Cloud, a free cloud service. The Particle Cloud has some great features for building connected projects, including over-the-air firmware updates, an easy-to-use REST API, and firmware development supported by web and local IDEs.
This particular edition of the Photon comes in a kit with a few other parts. When combined together, the Photon can implement these parts to create simple experiments and help kindle ideas for different projects by adding parts of your own! Check the _Kit Includes_ section below for a complete list of items included in the Photon Kit.
* 1x Photon
* 1x White Breadboard
* 1x USB Micro B Cable
* 1x Photo Resistor
* 1x Red LED - 3mm
* 2x Resistor - 220-Ohm 5% 1/4 Watt
* Particle PÃ˜ Wi-Fi module
* Broadcom BCM43362 Wi-Fi chip
* 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi
* STM32F205 120Mhz ARM Cortex M3
* 1MB flash, 128KB RAM
* On-board RGB status LED (ext. drive provided)
* 18 Mixed-signal GPIO and advanced peripherals
* Open source design
* Real-time operating system (FreeRTOS)
* Soft AP setup
* FCC, CE and IC certified
* [Photon Development Guide](https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/photon-development-guide)
* [DIY LED Weather Visualizer](https://www.sparkfun.com/news/2368)
* [Particle Documents Page](http://docs.particle.io/photon/)